Associate Financial Planner
Investment Planning Advisors is an independent financial planning firm with offices in Cumming and Gainesville, GA. Our rapidly growing firm is looking to hire an Associate Financial Planner to work in support of our lead advisor, Ken Bellavance. The Associate Financial Planner is primarily responsible for helping the lead advisor before, during, and after client meetings, as well as assist in investment management. To excel in this role, you’ll need to be a self-starter who is ready to perform on day one. You’ll need to be adaptable, and come in with the attitude that you’re willing to try just about anything. In a small team like ours, everyone wears a lot of hats, and nothing is “not your job.” The environment is dynamic, so you’ll also need to be flexible and adaptable to change as we grow.
In this role, you’ll work closely with clients and have the opportunity to experience multiple aspects of a financial planning practice. You will be reporting directly to Ken Bellavance and working alongside Operations and Client Service associates. You’ll ensure all clients are taken care of – by assisting with hands-on financial analysis, education, and service. Our #1 priority is an excellent client experience.
Over time, this individual will be given more client interaction experience and the opportunity to lead client meetings as they develop in their expertise. This position will not be expected to bring on new clients or make cold calls. This position is not commission-based, nor is any position at Investment Planning Advisors.
- Handle client account service, including all administrative-type changes, including beneficiary changes, and withdrawal and deposits.
- Set-up of new client accounts, including transfer of assets into the accounts and deposits into the new accounts, and establishing all relevant account features, including proper account registration,beneficiary designations, and systematic withdrawal plans, automatic monthly investment programs,
- Manage flow of work to Client Service Associate and Administrative staff
- Process all checklists to establish and update client relationships, set and change billing,
- Audit Billing and Administer fee billing
- Answer and return calls for Financial Planner
- Handle daily cash reviews for clients accounts
- Begin to understand and prepare a full financial plan for clients.
- Attend client meetings and begin building relationships
- Take notes, update CRM, and complete the meeting follow-up action items.
- Research and answer basic financial planning questions from clients.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in the financial services field
- A bachelor’s degree in finance or a related field.
- Bachelor’s of Business Administration (any areas of focus)
- Possibility other degree would be acceptable, dependent on resume and experience.
- 1 year experience in customer service related role
- At least 3 referrals
- Highly motivated
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to think clearly and communicate concisely
- Detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple assignments
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals of all levels
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Obtain your Series 65 License within 3 months of starting. All study materials will be provided through Kaplan.
- Obtain your Financial Paraplanner Qualified Professional (FPQP) designation within 9 months following the completion of the Series 65. All study materials will be provided.
What’s in it for you:
- Starting Salary range of $35,000- $42,000 based on experience. With substantial bonus and annual increase opportunities.
- We match 3% on our employer sponsored retirement plan.
- Paid parental leave for all new parents.
- Paid time off from day 1!
- Clear career track and advancement opportunities.
- All the technology you’ll need to be successful, the most advanced software, and accessories to ensure you get the job done in style.
- Team outings!